Grand & Toy Recognizes Leaders in Greener Purchasing
TORONTO May 30, 2017 - Grand & Toy, an affiliate of global office products provider Office Depot, Inc., today announced the winners of the second annual Leadership in Greener Purchasing Awards. This awards program recognizes customers as leaders in their sector for purchasing products with environmental attributes and ecolabels.
This year, the following organizations were selected out of 500 customers evaluated to receive Leadership in Greener Purchasing Awards:
- TD Bank Group, Financial Sector
- City of Vancouver, Local Government
- Northbridge Financial Corporation, Insurance Sector
- GHD, Professional Services
- Legal Aid Ontario, Legal Sector
- Suncor Energy, Energy and Utilities Sector
- PPG Architectural Coatings and Dulux Paints, Manufacturing Sector
- MacEwan University, Higher Education Sector
- National Gallery of Canada, Federal Government
- NAV CANADA, Special Recognition for Recycling Systems Purchasing
- Freeman Audio Visual Canada, Technology Sector
- Oxford Properties Group, Real Estate & Construction Sector
The leadership awards were based primarily on the percentage of the customers' expenditure on products with greener attributes including recycled, remanufactured, energy-efficient, and/or ecolabels such as FSC, EPEAT, GREENGUARD, GreenSeal, EcoLogo, etc., with Grand & Toy in 2016. Customers whose business relationship with G&T was based primarily on one or two product categories were excluded to ensure recognition was given to those with broad-based greener purchasing programs.
A new category, Special Recognition for Recycling Systems Purchasing, was added this year to celebrate organizations that purchased the most TerraCycle recycling systems thus helping to reuse and recycle items that are not recyclable through the municipal programs, such as coffee capsules or office supplies.
For more information about Grand & Toy's commitment to Corporate Sustainability, visit: grandandtoy.com/sustainability
About Grand & Toy
With a heritage that dates back to 1882, today's Grand & Toy is committed to offering sustainable solutions to Canadian businesses in the areas of interiors, technology, office and facility supplies. We are one of the largest B2B office products and services providers, operating one of the country's biggest distribution networks serving customers coast-to-coast via our direct sales force and e-commerce platform. Grand & Toy also demonstrates a firm commitment to corporate social responsibility through a comprehensive sustainability strategy that is manifested through numerous internal and external environmental and social outreach programs.