Grand & Toy has a responsibility to provide a positive shopping experience for all customers with disabilities and has a legal responsibility to provide training to all employees on how to offer customer service assistance to people with disabilities. Legislation requirements under this policy are consistent with or greater that the legislative requirements in all Ontario jurisdictions in which Grand & Toy Ltd. Trades and employs staff.
This policy addresses the following:
a. The provision of goods and service to persons with disabilities
b. The use of assistive devices
c. The use of service animals
d. The use of support persons
e. Notice of service disruptions
f. Customer feedback
h. Notice of availability and format of required documents
To provide information on how to better offer customer service assistance to people with disabilities. This policy outlines established accessibility standards for customer service for people with disabilities and includes all goods and services provided to the public at Grand & Toy Ltd. Locations. Specifically all goods and services provided by Grand & Toy Ltd. Shall follow the principles of:
- Equal Opportunity
All employees are required to review this policy, bring forward any questions and consistently conduct themselves in accordance with the limitations and expectations outlined.
a) The provision of goods and service to persons with disabilities:
Grand & Toy Ltd. will make every reasonable effort to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity by:
- Ensuring that all customers receive the same value and quality
- Allowing customers with disabilities to do things in their own ways at their own pace when accessing goods and services as long as this does not present a safety risk
- Using alternative methods when possible to ensure that customers with disabilities have access to the same services, in the same place and similar manner.
- Taking into account individual needs when providing goods and services, and
- Communicating in a manner that takes into account the customers disability.
b) The use of assistive devices
People with a disability are permitted to use their own assistive device when on our premises for the purpose of obtaining, using or benefitting from our products and services. If there is a physical, technological or other type of barrier that prevents the use of an assistive device on our premises we will first endeavour to remove that barrier. If we are not able to remove the barrier we will ask the person how he/she can be accommodated and what alternative methods of service would be more accessible to him/her. We will make best efforts to provide an alternative means of assistance to the person with a disability.
c) The Use of Service Animals
Persons with a disability may enter premises operated by Grand & Toy accompanied by a service animal. If it is not readily apparent that the animal is a service animal, Grand & Toy may request verification from the customer. The customer that is accompanied by a service animal is responsible for maintaining care and control of the animal at all times.
d) The use of Support Persons
A person with a disability may enter the premises operated by Grand & Toy with a support person and have access to the support person while on the premises. Grand & Toy may require a person with a disability to be accompanied by a support person where it is necessary to protect the health or safety of the person with a disability of the health and safety of others on the premises.
e) Notice of Service Disruptions
Service disruptions may occur due to reasons that may or nay not be within the control or knowledge of Grand & Toy. In the event of any temporary disruptions of facilities or services that customers with disabilities rely on to access or use Grand & Toys goods or services, reasonable effort will be made to provide advance notice. In some circumstances such as in the situation of unplanned temporary disruptions, advance notice may not be possible.
In the event that a notification needs to be posted, the following information will be included unless it is not readily available or known:
- Goods or services that are disrupted or unavailable
- Reason for the disruption
- Anticipated duration
- Description of alternative services or options
- The notice will be posted on Grand & Toys website.
f) Customer Feedback
Grand & Toy shall provide customers with the opportunity to provide feedback on the service provided to customers with disabilities. Customers can submit feedback by:
- Phone 1-866-391-8111
200 Aviva Park Drive
Attn: Human Resources
- Email at email@example.com
Customers that provide formal feedback will receive acknowledgement of their feedback, with any resulting actions on concerns or complaints that were submitted.
Training will be provided to:
1. employees, volunteers, agents and/or contractors who deal with the public or other third parties that act on behalf of Grand & Toy; for example: salespersons, drivers, customer care centers
2. those who are involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, practices and procedures.
h) Notice of availability and format of documents
Grand & Toy shall notify customers that the documents related to the accessibility standard for customer service are available upon request and in a format that takes into account the customers disability. Notification will be given by posting the information in a conspicuous place owned and operated by Grand & Toy, the companys website and/or any other reasonable method.
Under this policy and in accordance with applicable legislation, Grand & Toy management and employees have certain responsibilities.
1. Ensure employees are aware of this policy and are provided training and instruction on providing accessibility standards to persons with a disability.
2. All communication on providing customer service to persons with a disability comply with the legislative requirements.
3. Access to feedback for persons with a disability are readily available to the public.
4. Review this policy at least annually or as often as necessary to ensure the policy adheres to legislative requirements.
5. Keep records of all reported incidents.
1. Maintain a high ethical standard of personal conduct as it relates to persons with a disability regardless of position held.
2. Be aware of this policy and obtain training on providing accessible customer service to persons with a disability. Uphold the intent of the policy and provide accessible customer service to all persons with a disability.